If you remember, way back in April, we briefly covered the presumptive presidential candidates favourite music. At that time, John McCain had not really let any kind of full list go. Now we have it. Blender Magazine (the unloved offspring of Maxim) has compiled a list of the candidates’ own choosing.
Check it out below.
John Mccain’s Top Ten
1. Dancing Queen ABBA
2. Blue Bayou Roy Orbison
3. Take a Chance On Me ABBA
4. If We Make It Through December Merle Haggard
5. As Time Goes By Dooley Wilson
6. Good Vibrations The Beach Boys
7. What A Wonderful World Louis Armstrong
8. I’ve Got You Under My Skin Frank Sinatra
9. Sweet Caroline Neil Diamond
10. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes The Platter
Barack Obama’s Top Ten
1. Ready or Not Fugees
2. What’s Going On Marvin Gaye
3. I’m On Fire Bruce Spingsteen
4. Gimme Shelter Rolling Stones
5. Sinnerman Nina Simone
6. Touch the Sky Kanye West
7. You’d Be So Easy to Love Frank Sinatra
8. Think Aretha Franklin
9. City of Blinding Lights U2
10. Yes We Can will.i.am
If I was living in the US, I think the fact that Obama picked Sinnerman as one of his favourite songs would be enough to convince me to vote for him.
It’s also pretty funny that Obama had to pick that will.i.am song (Yes we can). It’s basically a 4 minute long celebrity endorsement of Obama. Not that I blame him for publicizing it, it’s probably a pretty smart move.
McCain’s choices are even more amusing. It’s hard to imagine a grizzled POW and war veteran loving ABBA so much, but to each their own, I guess. And at least he does love Louis Armstrong, extra points for that for sure.